Caring Dads delivers specialized group counselling to fathers who are at risk of abusing, have abused their children or have physically/emotionally abused their children’s mother. The goals of the program aim to support healthy father/child interaction and create healthy strategies for men to interact with the mother of the child. The group runs 2 hours.
Group topics include…
- Building relationships with your children and child-centered fathering
- Stages of child development – what to expect
- Working together with children’s mothers
- Problem solving in difficult situations and managing frustration
- Rebuilding trust and healing within the family
What happens when you are referred/come in?
Men are sent an invitation letter via the mail with a specific start date/time. Men are expected to call and confirm a spot in the Caring Dad’s program. An intake is completed during the first group session. This program is on a sliding scale fee for service.
Learn more about Caring Dads on the website: http://caringdads.org.
Monday – Saturday
Morning, Afternoon or Evening
St. Thomas/Elgin (Map)